I don’t count my blessings nearly as much as I should. This list is sort of tongue-in-cheek but also heartfelt.
Thirteen blessings of my spoiled existence:
1. Disposable Tissues – for both noses and unmentionables
2. Indoor Plumbing & Clean Water – very much taken for granted
3. Lip Balm & Skin Lotions – my first and greatest addiction outside of writing
4. An Insect & Pest-Free Home – I’m especially aware of this after actually getting hooked on a so-called reality TV program, “Billy the Exterminator” (even with this I skip the canned, soap opera drama)
5. Top of the Food Chain – I’m mostly there where we live, and this hearkens again to the crazy dangers Billy Bretherton faces in Louisiana
6. Microwave Ovens – how did I survive my early bachelorette-hood without one?
7. Ready Health Care – not to spark a political storm, never my intent, I do feel blessed for this
8. Central Air Conditioning – can’t imagine a summer without it
9. Reliable Electricity – sorely missed when a hurricane took down the power grid for a week
10. Books – come on, you knew I had to go there...
11. and stay there... Paper & Pens
12. Computers, Laptops, & Thumb Drives – excuses not to write have never been so difficult to invent
13. Imagination – the luxury to dream and put my stories into words instead of worrying over where my next meal is coming from