Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - Trademarked Japanese Characters

I found these images courtesy of the fun website Pink Tentacle. Though I don't know what companies commissioned them or why, they're just fun. You can find the whole collection of 99 trademarked characters here:

Pink Tentacle

And without further ado, number 1. A ghost with a flying saucer for a hat?













2. There's nothing like a smart, talented guy:



3. Not the helpless Humpty Dumpty, this egg is dressed for success.



4. A dentist with a cherry for a head?  I got nothin'.



5. This reminds me of a joke:
What do you do with an elephant with three balls?
You walk him and pitch to the rhino.





6. A message about monkeys using underarm deodorant, apparently.


7. Awww...



8. Anda gain...




9. Toilet paper man to the rescue!  I think we could all use one of these whenever the bathroom runs out of the stuff in the middle of taking care of business.

10. Who exactly started the pink = girl and blue = boy?  The fact that's all I can say should tell you something.


11. Definitely a message reinforced by cuteness...


12. Potato and carrots make me think of stew.  Then again, the potato man reminds me of my chubby cat.  I'm so conflicted!


13. Water never looked so adorable, even if it does have a weird leaf attachment.


9 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! LOL!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Japanese have known for a long time that big eyes=cuteness in the world market. That and large round heads or soft shapes. No wonder you can find "Hello Kitty" merchandise everywhere in the world! LOL!

    Happy TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. I love 'em.

    Definitely could use the toilet paper man in my life with men at home and work that don't know how to replace when empty. LOL

    Thanks. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...some of these are really cute. I've been thinking about stew the last couple weeks, ever since the weather turned cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1, 7, 8 and 13 are sooo cute.

    #6 disturbed me a little bit. I thought it was a guy with smelly armpits wearing a girl-bear suit ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are cute. I liked the water one best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute. I like the pictures.

    Happy TT.
    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toilet paper man is a snazzy dresser! Thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete

I thrive on feedback. Your comments are appreciated!