Sunday, December 12, 2010
Versatile Blogger Award
I got the chance to honor a dear friend and she turned the favor right around. If there's a blogger I admire, it's A Catherine Noon. She mentors as a matter of course and has really helped bring me out of my shell.
Please help me in honoring her by checking out her website: A Catherine Noon. Besides finding good stories, you can locate her other blogs featuring her beautiful knitting projects and many other goodies. In fact, here are those links, out of which I share some time slots on two (the rest are all Catherine's!):
Taurus and Taurus
Skep, the Journal
Evanston Writers Workshop
As for the award, here are the rules:
1. Share 7 things about yourself
2. Pass The Award to 15 bloggers recently discovered (or however many you can manage).
3. Notify the blogger recipients.
4. Link The blogger who gave the award.
As for number two, I've started well with a great list but don't expect A Catherine Noon to do this for every single one of her blogs. I've listed a number on my Darla M Sands blog if you want to go there: Darla M Sands
Regarding number one, let's see...
1. I have three aquariums of fresh water fish, one of them a hospital tank which I hope soon to close down in favor of integrating the poor, lonely convalescent.
2. There are more people I socialize with online whom I've never met than folks I see regularly in real life free time. Sad, yeah?
3. Sometimes, I want to live in a cave but only if it has high speed internet.
4. My main writing muse is someone who's been deceased for over a decade - drummer Kami from Japanese visual kei band Malice Mizer.
5. The only reason I go to the day job is so my partner doesn't worry about finances.
6. Someday, I'd like to quit said job and write full time.
7. Right now, I'm staring at a photograph of the beautiful man known as Kami. It's a guilty pleasure loading a digital frame with pictures of Kamimura.
For more reading pleasure, check these out:
Left Brain Write
How Yah Doon
Into the Wardrobe