Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - Female Crooners

Last week on my Darla M Sands blog I listed music groups fronted by females. In that case, I owned entire albums. To be fair, I thought I'd list those talents who are represented in my collection by anthologies and soundtracks. I know I've missed more than a few but here goes...

1. Martha Reeves - "Dancing in the Street" from The Big Chill soundtrack

2. Nancy Sinatra - "These Boots Were Made for Walking" from the Full Metal Jacket soundtrack

3. Lady GaGa - in a duet with Marilyn Manson on "LoveGame"

4. Paramore - "Decode" from the Twilight soundtrack

5. Eurythmics - "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" off my eighties collection

6. Medicine - "Time Baby III" from The Crow soundtrack

7. Fiona Apple - "Sally's Song" from The Nightmare Before Christmas collection

8. Teena Marie - "Lead Me On" from the Top Gun soundtrack

9. LaVern Baker - "Soul On Fire" from the Angel Heart soundtrack

10. Nena - "99 Luftballons" from Sounds of the Eighties

11. Bananarama - "Cruel Summer" off Class Reunion '83

12. Aretha Franklin - "Think" from the Blues Brothers soundtrack

13. The Dixie Cups - "Chapel of Love" from the Full Metal Jacket soundtrack

6 comments:

  1. Far too often I enjoy a movie soundtrack and fail to follow-up with an album purchase. Your post is a helpful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 99 Luftballoons!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a few of my faves on there again... :)

    Another great soundtrack to enjoy either as a whole or to cherry-pick songs from is Pulp Fiction. So many great songs to choose from!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know and like eight of these. A good mix here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Eurythmics! Thank you, this will be running through my head for the next few days and I love it! I'll have to throw in some Aretha, Fiona and Paramore when I put together the playlist!

    Happy T13,

    ~Xakara
    My Week

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an interesting mix.

    ReplyDelete

I thrive on feedback. Your comments are appreciated!